Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I think I'm going to make it.

Last Thursday I had surgery on my right sinus. After seeing this video on YouTube, I now fully understand why I've felt like I've been hit by a truck. Today was my first full day at work; yesterday was good until I started sneezing around noon and things started to really hurt. A little bonding time with my ice pack and the pug in the afernoon made things all better.

I really can't say enough good things about my Tri Dude this last week. He really has done a great job taking care of me. It probably helps that he can go for bike rides and run while I nap, but that needs to be done too. He even did a laundry marathon all day Sunday when it rained. I'm pretty lucky to have such an awesome husband.

The other man in my life, Chubbers, and I have definitely bonded over this whole experience too. He's even learned how to jump from the couch to the recliner super-pug style when it just seems too difficult to jump straight onto my lap from the floor.

Sadly, this last week has not produced as much knitting time as I had hoped it would. My third class is this Thursday, and I'm really enjoying everything I've learned thus far and hope I can drop my perfectionist ways enough to attempt to start a project without fear of screwing it up. I've found a few really cute patterns I'd like to try on the little ones in my life. This way I'll be all practiced up for my ultimate goal; the wool ear flap hat.

What a wild and crazy life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment