Friday, April 17, 2009

Bachelorette Week

I went to my first opera on Wednesday night, The Barber of Seville. Anyone who grew up on Looney Tunes would recognize the overture to this as the Rabbit of Seville. I'm slightly surprised, but I really enjoyed going to the opera.

The tight ass in me really appreciated it also as they were offering subscriptions to the MN Opera for 50% of their already discounted price. So for next season, I have tickets to The Pearl Fisher, La boheme (the inspiration for RENT), and Salome, where along with prepaid parking all three tickets my total cost was about $180. So for essentially the same price as the one ticket I already wanted for La boheme, I got three tickets, and these are much better seats than the $20 ticket I purchased to see The Barber!

This weekend, I scrap, get my rear in gear, and celebrate my favorite nephew's second birthday. I can say he's my favorite because he's my only one.

My Tri Dude is running a half marathon tomorrow; had he told me the correct weekend, I'd be there taking pictures, but alas, I scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment