Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival

This weekend happened to not olny be the Ironman in Wisconsin, but also the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival in Jefferson, WI (only 30 minutes away from Madison)!

I've never been to a festival of this sorts before, and man was it fun! I got to meet owners of the following shops:

Happy Hands Yarn
Rach-Al-Paca Farm (<- she's practically my neighbor!)
Cloudlover
Briar Rose Fibers

And these were just the ones I purchased something from! There were so many other great booths and it was tons of fun to chat with everyone. Please enjoy some of my pictures of the booths and sheep herding from the event!

And after all that excitement, I got to shop at my first ever Piggly Wiggly!

(Cheezy self portrait warning!)


3 comments:

  1. There's some wacky, far out yarn there! There used to be a Piggly Wiggly in Ellendale, where my grandma got her groceries. Brings back memories...

    Also, I was under the impression that a "Michigan Ironman" would involve Beer, Sausage, and Cheese. I can see Aaron doing well in one of THOSE competitions, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it does. After the finish they get a glass of beer.

    And there's a twelve pack of Blue Moon in the fridge just waiting for him to finish the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and btw, it's the Ironman Wisconsin, (not Michigan). :)

    ReplyDelete